10. A Giants who came before your time whom you wish you could have seen.
This is blasphemy, I know. I’m a terrible, terrible, awful person. But of all the players my dad told stories of as we listened to baseball on the radio and tried to make tomatoes grow (this can be hard in Nevada)…it wasn’t Willie Mays he talked about most, it was…Juan Marichal.
I don’t know, in the end, if this was actually possible, that I could not choose Willie Mays. It just seems wrong not to. But there would be a contest, at least a small one.
- bossdonhonolulu reblogged this from countingthesplashhits
- givehimallthecows reblogged this from countingthesplashhits and added:
- crankychester likes this
- crankychester said:NOT blasphemy at all. I would kill to have seen Juan Marichal.
- noribnodotnoproblem said:I came perilously close to picking Orlando Cepeda, for what it’s worth. ;-)
- folieabecca likes this
- countingthesplashhits posted this